Please read the instructions carefully before you proceed with the application.
NCWSC now has 2 easy steps for applying for water and Sewer connection: Step 1 – APPLICATION & PAYMENT. Step 2 – INSPECTION, SUPERVISION AND CONNECTION. INSTRUCTIONS FOR WATER AND SEWER APPLICATION a) Water Application Instructions Individuals
1. Clear the existing bills in the LR or bills on any other existing contracts with NCWSC.
2. Attach Photocopy of applicant’s ID and KRA PIN . In case of a company attach certified copies of KRA PIN and Certificate of Incorporation.
3. Attach Property location sketch map (draw on space provided).
4. Attach one passport size photograph.
5. Attach Copy of Lease Agreement /Tenancy Agreement/ Title Deed/Rates Demand Note from Nairobi City County.
6. Attach copy of ID card and KRA PIN for the landlord (in case of tenant application). Company
1. Clear the existing bills in the LR.
2. Attach copy of PIN and Certificate of Incorporation. For signature, rubber stamp or seal is required.(Boreholes – Water Resources Authority ).
3. Property location sketch map.
4. Copy of Lease Agreement /Tenancy Agreement/ Title Deed/Rates Demand Note from Nairobi City County.
5. Attach copy of ID card and KRA PIN for the landlord (in case of tenant application).
1. Customer has to purchase connection materials and will cater for the connection charges.
2. Customers applying for borehole sewer accounts are requested to attach Copies of Water Resources Authority approvals together with the NCWSC Letter of no objection.
b) Sewer Application Instructions.
1. No application for connection shall be allowed unless drawing showing plan, Ground levels and invert levels of the proposed drain have been approved and stamped with the Nairobi Water Company stamp.
2. The company shall make all connections to the public systems and no connection shall be made until the remainder of the new drain has been completed within plot Boundary and approved by the Building/Sewerage Inspector. The applicant must ensure that the excavation is completed and the sewer exposed for connection.
3. In-case where work is required within the public Road Reserve “ permission to Open public Highway ’’ must be obtained by the Drain layer from Government Road Agencies before the commencement of works.
4. The sewer line reverts to NCWSC and adjacent plots to connect without reference to you.
5. Customers requesting for sewer connection should provide their water account or evidence of water source during the application process.
6. For sewers requiring micro tunneling /road opening, concrete/Non-corrosive Metallic materials shall be required whereas for sewers to be connected on road reserves UPVC pipes may be used. For Aerial crossing cases (e.g. across rivers/valleys) Non-corrosive Metallic materials are recommended.